My life and hobbies that I enjoy

Life, miniatures and gardening
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dollhouses. How did you get started with them?

Contest build...Hobby Builder's Supply
Here are some of my houses. My story on how I got started is below. Of course my post is a mess. I don't know what I do wrong. Nothing ever seems to be in order. Maybe I should have started with the pictures and then put the text in. Sorry about that!
Contest build...Hobby Builder's Supply
The house that I worked on from my husband. Lot's of bashing. There is more landscaping behind the fence.
Inside of cabin contest build
Second house. Newburg. Of course we did some bashing. Of course I had to landscape!
Greenleaf contest build. I saw a playhouse in this kit.

I fell in love with them when I went to a museum here and saw the ones on display. One had been built by my great uncle. Grandpa"s brother. A priest. I found one (built but not painted or anything done inside). It came at a good time as my grandpa had just died and it helped me with the sadness. It did fall apart with time as it was put together with hot glue. I was so disappointed that I just got rid of it. Kind of wish I had it back now. Then after I got married my hubby bought me one. It was painted on the outside but we bashed it. Didn't like the cuteness of the stenciling of my obsession hobby. We do work on them together. Jeff likes to build them.  Except the contest ones. Those are all mine. I also love to landscape them. I am working on one now that a friend had built. She painted the outside. I am having trouble with it though as it just isn't talking to me. I have most of the rooms wallpapered/painted and flooring put in. Don't know what my problem with it is (or with me). But that is my story on how I got started with miniatures. What is yours? I think it is interesting to see how everyone got into this obsession hobby (life of minis)! Hugs Teresa

2 comments:

  1. I was always fascinated with miniatures since I was a child, but it resurfaced and became an obsession when I found the greenleaf dollhouse forum!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please let me know what you think about my posts. Have a great day. I will not open anonymous comments though. Hugs, Teresa