My life and hobbies that I enjoy

Life, miniatures and gardening
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 15, 2012

It was so sunny I went for a drive on sunday.

First I drove to Oconto Falls just to look around. Never know what you will find to take a picture of. A hydraulic dam. Kind of pretty with all the colors.
The geese were enjoying the nice weather. It was in the 50's on Sunday while I was there. Today it was in the mid 70's! Very much a not typical March!
A nice restful place to relax. I always find water like this relaxing!
I was at a restaurant a few weeks ago and this was the view from part of the dining room. Another peaceful place. That day the river was ice covered. Thin ice...but covered. Still a little ice left. I am sure that after today it is gone. But on Sunday there was still a bit of ice. This place is just outside of town. Dad use to take mom and us kids fishing there. Think dad, mom and 8 kids lined up on the shore-line.
A close-up of part of the train trestle.
This is on the side of the restaurant.  I remember it being deeper when we were kids!  I don't mind this weather at all. Plants are coming up far earlier then usual! We could still get a blizzard, but with the temps in the 60's and 70's the rest of this week and next week I don't think we have to worry about it getting a lot colder for the next couple of months. But of course stranger things have happened around here. Normal temps around here at this time of the year is in the 30's. Gas is now at $3.84. Hopefully it won't get much higher. Tourism will be in the hole for resorts, etc again this year if gas goes much higher. I would not want to be in that business. Well off to bed go I. 1:30 a.m. here. Bye. Hugs, Teresa

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos my friend. It's been really warm in Oklahoma, too. Almost 80 yesterday and today. WHAT? I'm already worried our state will have 100 plus temps again this summer. Say it isn't so!

    Gas is sky-high here as well. If it stays up I surely won't be buying anymore antique boots!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I loved this peek into your world. The weather over here is still warm, but at last we are getting signs that it is cooling down. Hooray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, anything with water is so calming isn't it?
    Have a great day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please let me know what you think about my posts. Have a great day. I will not open anonymous comments though. Hugs, Teresa