My life and hobbies that I enjoy

Life, miniatures and gardening
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday color and visitors.

Our newest lily. Rose lily. We ought it about a month ago, but with the drought we haven't planted it yet. Isn't the bloom beautiful! It is a double flower.  They had advertised it at a local garden center and I had to have one!
I Love the color of this daylily. Red Shed Lavender. I might have posted it before.
Double Decker coneflower. The last two years it has done well. Before that we had to nurse it a long. One year it was eaten way down by the earwigs.
He's back! I finally have gotten a picture of the hummingbird moth! Hard to get as he never stops flying from plant to plant. I wish I could get him with his wings still. Fat chance on that! It doesn't work that way. But I am so glad to get this one!
The gold finches have been busy today eating the seeds off the flowers. We have a lot of them here. They are so pretty.
Of course chippy has to make himself known. Sounds like he is tap dancing in thsi pipe!
Murphy is reminding me of how late it is getting. Ha Ha Tanner. You don't get any toys. Well, he would if he would just stop pushing them under things. ( Don't look at the carpet. It is older then dirt).
Sweet dreams everyone. Hugs, Teresa
P.S. we have gotten about 3 inches of rain in the last few days. Cucumbers have taken off. Picked some today. Also lots of tomatoes. Everything looks so fresh now. :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful flower images...and look at Murphy! How funny- Happy Sunday to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep finding these amazing flowers to put on my must have list...now I have two more to get.

    Yours are lovely.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I love your flowers!!! I wish I had planted more this year. We are having a drought here too though, so perhaps it was a good thing not to plant?
    Your blog reminds me how much I love to make miniature plants and flowers. They don't need water! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teresa, I thought the double decker coneflower was a dahlia at first. :) I love hummingbird moths. I haven't seen any this year but it's usually in August that they start coming around so I'll have to be on the lookout. I love goldfinches and chipmunks too. How nice it is when these creatures come to visit. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chippy is adorable, poking his head out of that pipe! What a fun miniatures blog you have. I'm so glad I found your blog today! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please let me know what you think about my posts. Have a great day. I will not open anonymous comments though. Hugs, Teresa