My life and hobbies that I enjoy

Life, miniatures and gardening
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 17, 2012

New Christmas song. Beautiful

I just received an e-mail from a friend with this song in it. I think it is beautiful! I love songs to make me think.
 
Beautiful day today. Got a little shopping done. Finally got some new tops! Whoo Hoo! I hate clothes shopping. But really found some nice stuff at K-Mart. I know my husband puts K-Mart down, but I can usually find more in clothes there then most places. Most of the sizes run larger also. Not like in some stores where a large looks like a small. Now I have something to wear for Thanksgiving and the baby shower I am invited to. Plus a couple more tops.  There is one top that I wish they had in other colors. They only had the one that I bought and pink. for some reason I dislike PINK immensly. But I am very happy to find the one in this pattern. I love it. I really was in need of clothes. But like I said I HATE shopping
Played frisbee with the dogs so they were very happy. Might take them out again in a little while. Murphy's tests came back with some of his levels better. Of course the kidney damage will never go away. But we hope to keep it from getting worse as long as we can. It would help if he would actually liked the food. He didn't eat much yesterday or today. But we can't give in and give him something he can't have. Later today or tomorrow he will probably gulp down his food. It gets so FRUSTRATING at times. But we love him. The vet would like to put him on a low dosage of meds. But we are afraid of the side effects. Gasto distress, nausea, and a few rarer ones. The vet did say that he has never seen the rare ones.  He has lost a couple of pound already that he can't affort. We are afraid that if his gastro system revolts with the meds he will lose weight faster. The vet just can't seem to understand that Murphy wants to eat, he just hates the food. If you looked up stubborn Murphy's picture would be in there. At least when it comes to food. Wants everything he can't have. We may have to go to fluid therapy also. I would have to give him shots about 2 or 3 times a week. 20 minutes at a time. He doesn't have any of the symthoms. Drinking alot (of course he could drive us to drink sometimes with this...lol), urinating alot, tiredness, etc. Just his blood tests are wacky. He has had some muscle loss. Shakes a bit when he stands. But still can chase the frisbee, no problems with that. Just micro's some carrots for him. He ate that. But need to eat his food to get the nutrients he needs. It would be so easy to give him Tanner's food. But not giving up on him. Sorry this gets to me some times. I hate my kids being sick. It sure can make you feel helpless. 
I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next Thursday! What are you all doing? Well you all in the states anyway. We are getting together with my family. There is a cabin at a school that my sister works at. We rent that and everyone brings a part of the meal. Take our own plates, platters, etc. home to wash . So there is no mess for anyone to deal with like when we had it in our homes. Just clean off the tables, sweep floors and we are out of there. I think it cost each family $10 for Thanksgiving and Christmas combined to rent the place out. I think I am bringing a cheesecake and a broccoli salad. I can make the cheesecake and salad gluten free for Jeff. I am really proud of him in the way that he has taken to being on this diet. It is not easy. But he has not cheated once. He is afraid of having a flare up, but has not even let the temptaion change his mind. Stronger then I am. Don't ask me about my diabetic diet. lol. I do o.k.
I think I am going to go outside and enjoy the weather as it won't last long. Hugs, Teresa
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. You are such a wonderful, caring Mother to your furry boy. We have to stand by them and baby them don't we? Glad you are having a family Thanksgiving, it sounds like so much fun.
    Hugs to you Teresa,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please let me know what you think about my posts. Have a great day. I will not open anonymous comments though. Hugs, Teresa