My life and hobbies that I enjoy

Life, miniatures and gardening
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New year.


Cones and snow. This makes me think summer meets winter. I like the contrast.
 

The climatis on the south side of the house still has green leaves. 

We grow huge ones here! There were 4 in the yard on New Years day. Big as cats. This feeder is taking a beating. They chewed a lot of the wood off.

Here is the evidence.  They were pulling the wood off in strips.

When Tanner sees me pick up my camera he sit by the patio door in the kitchen. Then runs out of the sunroom and turns around as if to say...I am ready.  He knows that I am heading outside.

Still Christmas here! If you look behind the tree you can see that I did buy new totes to put the ornaments in. We plan to put everything away this weekend while we are both off.  Of course there has to be a dog toy in the picture.

I made the mantle piece a few years ago. There is suppose to be a center candle. We don't use it because of the clock. I also made the stockings. Mine, Jeff's, Tanner's, Murphy's and a dog who passed away 6 years ago. My sister made the snowmen. We really should find a better way to display the cards. I really should look before I take pictures. There is a bag of fish food by the left snowman!

Another view.  I love how I was able to find material with corgi's. Murphy get generic black and white dogs on his.  I am not real happy with the tops.
Well back to normal after this weekend. I will miss the color. So I will have to see what I can do about that. If Murphy didn't eat pillows I could bring in color with them.
I can't believe that it is Jan. 3rd! The holidays went so fast! Mom always said that the older you get the faster time goes. Guess she was right!
Happy New Year everyone. Hugs, Teresa

4 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at Tanner, when Boo sees me pick up the camera he takes off.

    I still have a bit of colorful Christmas on the mantle, guess it should come down soon.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you, too, Teresa. It is still looking like Christmas here, too, but I am thinking of starting take down today- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dogs are so cute, my Max runs and hides when the camera is out. Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lsughing here too. When Jazz sees me with the camera he arranges himself in the most photogenic pose or spot. That cat is vain. Vain I tell you.
    Happy New Year - and I love your Christmas display.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please let me know what you think about my posts. Have a great day. I will not open anonymous comments though. Hugs, Teresa