My life and hobbies that I enjoy

Life, miniatures and gardening
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Too nice to stay inside...found some beauty

Lighthouse in Algoma Wisconsin
With the breakwall
Snow fence. I love the shadows
Boardwalk I had to climb a snow bank to be able to walk on it. I could have gone down the steps, but no room on the road for me and cars.
The beach is a ways down from the road. The snow plows tossed the snow to the side, some rolled down the hill onto the beach.
This bench is just waiting for me. I will be back this summer. 
Another fence of course.
You can jump from one to another, just make sure you stop at the last one. lol
Now we are in Kewaunee Wisconsin. The gulls are coming in for a landing.
One boat was in the water.
And one was in a yard.
Hills of snow. So Pretty
Driftwood on the beach
So cool how the ice and snow covered these. Pretty against the water.
Looks like a small lake in the snow.
These pillers are wearing a skirt! They even have fringe!
Looks like the lightkeepers house is in the clouds.
Snow everywhere!
Funny how the distance between the lighthouse and keepers house is difference depending where you stand.
Looks like the lake tossed snowballs onto the shore.

It was such a beautiful day out there. Actually had sunshine!!! Neither of these places are all that far from where I live. Less then an hour each, no matter which one I went to first. Probably about an 1/2 an hour or so from one to the another. So going to each was crtainly in reason. Even with the late start. I didn't leave hom until almost 1pm and was home by 5:15. So I had plenty of time on each beach.
After the last month or so today has been a gift. Losing Murphy last month was so hard. I really needed a nice day to regroup. Not that I was still in tears all the time. Each day got better, but I needed to have a day to get out and explore. Cabin fever always hits about this time of year. I am so over winter. But then again look at the snowy beauty I found today!! SO COOL! I don't know why I never went to these places in winter before.
Have a great week everyone! Hugs, Teresa


6 comments:

  1. I think I've been to these two lighthouses. I did a circle tour of Lake Michigan many years ago in autumn. These are lovely pictures! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever seen a snowy beach. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful. I am so glad that you found these delights - and very glad that you shared them too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you got some time to yourself, time to see the beauty that surrounds you. Winter has a beauty all its own.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are stunning. I love how the seasons offer us such natural backgrounds to hone in our talents. I love the serenity displayed in each photo. Well done. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you did venture outside..it's beautiful out there.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please let me know what you think about my posts. Have a great day. I will not open anonymous comments though. Hugs, Teresa