My life and hobbies that I enjoy

Life, miniatures and gardening
Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 31, 2013

Trip to Northwinds Perennial Farm

Wouldn't this be a beautiful place to live? It is so peaceful!
One of many ponds. Some with waterfalls.
This birdhouse is so cool! The base of the tree had gardening hand tools nailed to the trunk. They had a smaller version for sale.

Arbor made from pieces and parts of trim.
There were a few buildings like this scattered around. Most had antiques in them. not all of it for sale. But so interesting to look at.
A few barns scattered around. Most had antiques nailed to the sides.
The stalls all had items for sale. Every bit of space was used.
Just a pretty path curving around the building.
Interesting copper planters. I LOVE these. Didn't buy one though. But I was tempted.
Barn swallow nests. There were barn swallows in them and a lot more flying around. You might be able to see a couple looking out of the nests.
Nothing goes to waste there. Old headboard turned upside down makes a cool entry way. I can see this with a fence on each end.
I love the way they planted this wheelbarrow. I also loved how they put this planter in the doorway.  There were so many things to see there! This place is about 2 1/2-3 hours away. It was worrth the trip! We only bought one plant (which was very rare for us)! lol. As some of you know, I love old barns.Plus add a beautiful setting and I had plenty to photograph.!  I think I used my quota of the word love in this paragraph! 
Have a great day everyone. Hugs, Teresa

5 comments:

  1. What a magical, magical place. I hope they had somewhere selling refreshments as well, so you could sit and enjoy the place for a little longer. I would have been very tempted - and probably succumbed. No willpower in garden centres - or bookshops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, it looks like you visited a wonderful place, so many wonderful things to see.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa-What a spectacular place to visit. Did you feel like you had been transported to some magic place? Gorgeous!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love creativity when it abounds like this...someone is very creative.

    I think I need to go and look at my garden and see if I can incorporate a few of their ideas.

    Beautiful shots.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fascinating how they used the stalls! I love it. I came to you from MEREDITHS blog posts comments. I want to hear about your new puppy that you mentioned !~

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please let me know what you think about my posts. Have a great day. I will not open anonymous comments though. Hugs, Teresa